Saturday, October 22, 2022

Last of the Fall photos and visits

Debbie, myself and Judy

Here's a batch of photos from our Fall visits. After our trip down to Washington DC and Maryland, we met my first cousin Judy and her daughter Debbie for lunch at Calcutta's in Ludlow. Judy is the last of our generation on my father's side other than myself and my sister Paula. My father was the youngest of 6 children and he was almost 40 when he had me! So all of my first cousins, and there were tons of them, were much older. She is ten years older than I and baby sat me regularly. But Judy is doing really well and it was a fun visit. Debbie was our first Nanny when we had our son James!
Dick, Debbie, Heather, Ted and Karen in Woodstock, VT

Our next visitors came up for a long weekend. Marty from Concord, MA, Dick and Debbie from Plymouth, MA and Ted and Karen from Winchester, MA. We have all been friends for 50 or so years! Leslie & Dave were supposed to join us, but Leslie was sick and they had to postpone the trip. and Russ wasn't able to come. Our first full day we visited Woodstock, VT about an hour from us. Fall colors were still blazing as we walked around the town, stopping in to many of the shops to look around. The next day Marty joined us and we went for a beautiful hike at White Rocks nearby. The views from the ridge were amazing and a few of our group even continued on to the "ice caves", no ice this late in the season though. 
The view from the bridge over the White River in Woodstock, VT

Ted, Debbie, Karen, Dick and Scott pose on the 
bridge.

Looking down at the bright yellow foliage.

Debbie, Heather, Marty, Scott and Ted pose at the viewpoint on the 
White Rocks trail. Dick took a pass on this trip.

And this time Heather takes the photo and Karen joins in.


No comments: